Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Food Bloggah Llama Ep. 1

For the past few weeks, I've been eating out a lot. By a lot, I mean A LOT.

Let me show you what I've been eating and where I got them in...:




What do you think of the name? Food Bloggah Llama. I like it. Sounds like Bloggerama, but you know... Different.

Anyways, let's start with the food pr0n.

Fair warning, this is food I had in the course of a couple of weeks so it's going to be a lot.
Note: All locations on the restaurants are based on where I had them. Most will be Davao-based.


Turning Japanese



These two delicious bowls of awesomeness are called Donburi in Japanese. Basically means "rice bowl".

The ones above are Gyuudon and Chicken Teriyaki Don, respectively. (Notice the 'don' at the end? That's for the donburi.)


Next are Shoyu Ramen and a Maki Platter.

You can find the best Gyuudon and Shoyu Ramen (for me) at Tadakuma Ramen Tei. The restaurant has two branches. The original one is at Emilio Jacinto Extension and their newer branch is at Damosa I.T. Park Business Center.


AnoYongSayo?



Ah, thinking about the Dobu Steak/Tofu Steak (photo on the left) still makes my mouth water. I need to have it again. The traditional Korean dish on the right, the Bibimbap, I can do without for a while.. Though delicious and filling, spicy just isn't my type. I can't handle hot and spicy. But for those who love that hot and spicy feel in their mouth, be my guest!

These two dishes can be found at Bulgogi Brothers, SM Lanang 2nd Floor. They've recently opened so if you guys are craving for some Korean dishes, this is where you need to go. They serve Bulgogi (duh), but I haven't had the chance to try them out yet. See you there!


Food From Down Under



Ah, not everything that shines is gold. These dishes definitely shine. Look at that shiny coat of cheese on those chili fries. Notice the glaze on those tender ribs.

Gosh, I'm getting myself hungry again and it's the middle of the night.

Left: Chili Cheese Fries   Right: Cowboy Cut Pork Ribs with Corn on a cob and Mac and Cheese



Note: Knife and Face are included in photo for viewers to get an idea of how BIG this monster really is.

Notice how there are two cheese slices on one side? There're two more on the other. Notice how small the tomatoes are? Those are normal sized ones on a normal sized burger.

If you're up for the challenge (and have lots of hungry friends), then I suggest you take this one on.
The Goliath Burger will be waiting for you at The Outback Grill, Bacaca Road, Garcia Heights. 

You won't miss it. There's a huge plane that crash landed on their roof. *wink*


Delizioso! Deliziosa!



Did you know Delizioso is the more masculine equivalent of delicious in Italian while Deliziosa is the feminine one? Well, google says so. I trust google. You should too.

The delizious, fast-food-speed pasta above are the famous Carbonara and the Baked Zitti in White Sauce from Sbarro, Abreeza Ayala Mall, 2nd Floor.


Fancy Shmancy Dining




Just look at how those dishes are plated! I know, I know. I didn't do these plates justice. I'll do better next time.

Okay, so what we have here are:

(1) Marlin Slices, (2) Ribeye Steak in Pepper Sauce, (3) Ribeye Steak in Mushroom Sauce and (4) Cordon Bleu with Mashed Potatoes

They had fancier names in the menu. I forgot to note them down so you'll have to make do with my versions of them.

These dishes were not all ordered by me. I only had one. I did taste them all (by secretly taking them out of my friends' plates) so I can guarantee you all that every single one of these are heavenly. I have to emphasize that the Marlin is DEE. LI. CIOUS. If you don't mind raw fish, I suggest you try this the very next chance you get.

All dishes can be found at what most people consider as one of Davao's Hidden Treasures, Claude's Le Cade de Ville, 29 Rizal Street, Paseo de Habana.

(I have no idea what Cafe de Ville means. Google it yourself.)


Rock Salt or Cheese?



What's a happy fruit?? A Happy Lemon! I'm actually not sure if a lemon is a fruit...

Anyways, what I had here was their Cocoa Rock Salt Cheese. A cool choco drink topped with their special Rock Salt Cheese. I don't know exactly what is it. If it's more rock salt or more cheese but you can definitely taste the cheese. I love this drink so much that I grab one (or four) whenever I pass by the Happy Lemon stall at Gaisano Mall The Peak.


Desserts At Last!




 And like any proper meal should end, I end this blog post with dessert!

I went to a dessert buffet once for dinner and I can tell you it was the best dinner I have ever had. Well, not really the best but it's up there with the best. It was plate after plate of sweet dessert goodness.

I devoured quite a number of cream puffs (first photo) and fresh fruit tarts (second photo). The chocolate tarts were also fairly consumed during that night. There were other desserts, too. Like blueberry cheesecakes, fruit crepes, chocolate praline and creme brulee. And all of them were UN-friggin-LIMITED. I was so full I could barely stand.

Sadly, this buffet has come to an end. But if you ever want to taste these sweets, feel free to hop on over to YuYu Cafe and Dessert Shop, Pan Philippine Highway, Tagum City.


So there you have it folks! My first episode of Food Bloggah Llama.

Stick around for future episodes, alright? 

Live, Love, and Eat!!

4 comments:

  1. I hate you for linking me this at night. I'm hungry!! And those desserts at the end look really good, I hope they open up a branch here in Davao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm featured in your blog! homagahd!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoti, where can I find that enormous burger?

    ReplyDelete