Saturday, March 2, 2013

A touch of Sea Green

A calming interior, freshly made foods and an over-all chill place;



Let me share with you my experience at the newly opened Cafe and Lifestyle shop, Sea Green.



Okay, I'm going to be going through three points for this post so it won't be too cluttered.



I. Interior and Design
II. Food
III. Lifestyle Shop

Note that I do not know too many words to describe how I really feel and how the things really look like so I hope my most basic of explanations and the photos I took will be enough to get the message through. 

Or you guys could visit the place yourself to experience it first-hand!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I. Interior and Design

To be honest, this was what attracted me to the cafe in the first place. I saw a photo on Instagram and it immediately piqued my interest. The place didn't look like any restaurant or cafe I knew or have been to in Davao, so I immediately thought it was from another city/country. Turns out, it's really near the apartment I stay in in Davao.


You can see it, right? How the white walls, wooden chairs and tables and curtains work so well with the subtle sea green (I think it's sea green) door and seat covers? Add tiny potted plants on the tables and it's just perfect!

It looks clean, relaxing and sophisticated at the same time!

Not to mention that the chairs and tables are wooden and the paint job is just how I like it! It's just perfect, I tell you!






...


I got to visit the cafe at night so there was no natural light coming from outside, but the place was still amply lit by lamps and ceiling lights (?) that it retains its bright and refreshing feel.


The floor also has the wooden feel so it goes greatly with the whole theme.


Whoever thought up this design needs to be given an award! 


I personally think this is a nice place to hang-out in and just chill, relax and de-stress.


...













----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


II. Food


First off, I LOVE their menu. (This place just has everything to perfection, I swear.) If I remember correctly, it's a clipboard with some sort of special paper (I thought of Velum but I'm not sure) where the menu is typed in.

There isn't a lot to choose from but I think it works very well since it takes away the difficult decision making I usually make in other restaurants/cafes. Here, you see everything in one browsing and then you know what you'll get. Easy.

One thing I noticed when browsing the menu was that... there was NO meat. Like, pork and beef and chicken. It was all seafood and vegetables. (Hooray for those who love seafood and vegetables!)

I immediately thought, "Healthy food".

Then I talked to the owner about the menu and how I noticed all the options seemed to be healthy.

Her reply made me smile.





...

She said she'd rather not use the word "healthy" because it's intimidating for some people. The cafe believes they serve FRESH food. They're healthy, yes, but they'd rather use the word fresh.

I think this is a good move. Most people, when hearing the word "healthy food", immediately think of the usual all-vegetables food.

Some people, like me, don't really eat veggies. (I admit.) So I think not using the word "healthy" is a good move.

Their usage of the word "fresh" isn't just for show, though. The owner told me that all their food are "hand-made with love". This got me curious. So I inquired about what she meant.

By hand-made, she meant that everything is made fresh everyday. Like, the sauces are made fresh everyday. Everything's freshly cooked everyday. They don't buy canned sauces or canned goods.

Freshness at it's best!

...








When dining here, you can order a full course meal if so desired.

From Appetizers to Desserts and Wine, they serve it!




...

Sample Menu from Sea Green
---

Appetizer:
Grilled Okra with Red Curry Paste

Soup:
Vegetable and Cheese Soup

Salad:
Green Rocket Salad

Main Course:
Eggplant Parmesan

Dessert:
Tablea Cheesecake (photo on left)


Pasta:
Shrimp and Lime Spaghetti

Sandwich Panini:
Mozzarella and Basil Panini

Brunch:
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict

...







I am definitely going back to try that Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict (mainly because I like Salmon and have NEVER tried an eggs benedict and I always see it in cooking shows) AND the Tablea Cheesecake.

The owners were kind enough to have given us a sample (that we devoured happily).

Food junkies who are conscious of their weight will probably feel guilt-free eating here!

NOTE: If you're worried about how much money to bring, 300-500 pesos will do (if you're not going to have a FULL course meal).


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


III. Lifestyle Shop

Another thing that got me curious was the "Lifestyle shop" that they put at the end of their store name. The complete name is:

Sea Green Cafe and Lifestyle Shop

When I got to the cafe, my curiosity was answered. Welcoming you from the entrance is a wall stocked with things for display.


Even the things they sell go well with the whole theme of the shop!

The owner said that they wanted to support local businessmen/craftsmen/SME's so they displayed products that are locally made. Most of these are from Manila mainly because she hasn't really gotten herself acquainted to ones in Davao. I'm expecting they'll be adding more soon!



Coffee from San Juan, Batangas


Lunch Boxes that caught my eye! I'd buy them if I didn't have lunch at home everyday.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there you have it guys! 

Sea Green Cafe and Lifestyle Shop is located at:

Circumferential Road, Dona Vicenta Subd., 8000 Davao City, located between Mercury Drug Store and Bio Essence. Beside Mom's Laundry Shop.


To know more about Sea Green Cafe and Lifestyle Shop, you can visit their  facebook page!


You can contact them via these numbers!

Tel. Number: 082 3054765
Cellphone Number: 0939 9361081


See you guys there!!









2 comments:

  1. I zoned out after seeing the Tablea cheesecake. How are the prices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are pretty good. Usual prices you'd expect from Cafes. My pasta was 180. Mga ganon. :)

      Delete